The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Princess Party


Sunday my family threw me a "surprise" princess party.  I had to stay in my room, which is not the torture it used to be as a kid, until they were ready for me to come down.



Here are the kids all ready to surprise me.  They did a beautiful job decorating.  Jared does not want me to take it down.


Surprise!!



Then they gave me a present which I had to put together.



I got to go on an ABC scavenger hunt, since it was my 6 year old princess party.




Note the beautiful hat.  Jared asked right away if I wanted to trade, or just let him wear it for a while.  One of my clues took me into the bathroom.  As I was leaning over to pick up the clue, my hat fell in the toilet, just the top.  It got quite a laugh from everyone, but as we discussed throwing the hat away, Jared was very distraught, so we just cut the top part off that got wet.



My presents were hidden in the washer.  The washer gave me a gift that day too.  It decided to retire.  I am anxiously awaiting our new one, hopefully today.  Having no washer and 6 kids is a little rough.



For the grand finale, a Happy Birthday banner carried in by Grant's helicopter.  It was cute.



This is how you wear party hats, right?



Or like this?



My sparkly candles.
A great way to end a fun day!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. This is the funniest, cutest thing ever! From the hat-envious son to the helicopter banner. Also...you know it has gotten bad with the singing when everyone sings with their ears covered. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete