The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Goodbye For Now

My Grandmother passed away this last Sunday August 14th.  She had been in hospice for the last few days following her heart attack the week previous.  She had been battling hearing loss and failing eyesight.  She was 97 1/2.  Grandma was an amazing women.  She was strong willed and very opinionated.  She could be a little intimidating but she was enjoyable to have around.  One of my first memories of her was the day Clint came home from the hospital.  I was grossed out by the diaper Grandma was changing.  She explained to me in a very matter of fact way exactly what the weird thing (umbilical cord) was coming out of his tummy.

I always loved when Grandma came to visit.  I loved waking up to the smell of her coffee in the mornings.   On one of her visits she taught me a very memorable lesson.  We were sitting at the table eating fajitas when I reached across her to grab something.  She bit my arm.  I was shocked, but I have never again reached across someone.

One Christmas time when we went to visit in Michigan she taught me how to play Master Mind.  I enjoyed playing that with her hour after hour.  We had had an ice storm that knocked out the power so she went to her little RV to bake Clint's birthday cake.  




Grandma was a beautiful women.



She was a nurse for many years, and even after retiring continued to volunteer at hospitals.



She was a wonderful mother to three children.




One of whom was my dad.



I love you Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment