The day has finally come. There have been many times that I have wished we could slow down time and then in the last year quite a few times when I see that it is indeed time. My baby starts kindergarten today. It is not just the 1/2 day, he is gone all day today. This is the first time in 17 1/2 years that I have a full day with no preschoolers. I sit here typing as he asks me for the 30th time since 7:30, "Is it time yet?". As I type my stomach in in knots, but yet I know he will be fine and never look back. Sometimes even though I thought I was prepared for this, and at times more than ready, I think this is a much harder day for the mother. Don't get me wrong. I have some great plans today. I plan on heading to the quilt store and finding a project. I am going to enjoy lunch with my hubby, not to mention I love having a quiet house for a few hours. It is amazing how clean the kitchen stays when there are not 6 kids eating constantly!
One excited little boy.
I'm glad he has a couple older brothers to take care of him.
Oh! I am sad for you. And excited.
ReplyDelete