The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happenings in our neck of the woods

It occurred to me I haven't put anything on the blog for a while.  We have been busy and some of it has been picture worthy.



We burned our Christmas tree.  Dale thought it would be so cool to do while we had a bunch of snow, only.....we never got a bunch of snow.  



I forgot about this until I saw the picture.  Jared wanted to make me a snack one day.  He wanted to make me something really yummy that I could eat.  (I have found I have a few big food intolerances, so some choices are limited.)  He decided on mashed banana and cut up apple.  YUM!



A couple weekends ago was our big basketball tournament weekend.  We had games starting at 9 am and didn't get home until after 5.  Grant's team (he's jumping) took first in his division.  All the games were close by just a couple points.  At one point the coaches were all yelling and being hard on the boys.  Dale brought it to their attention that they needed to set an example, they calmed down and later apologized.  (I think it made the win even sweeter knowing the coach of the other team.  He is our bishop and good friend.)



The happy team.  We are #1!!




Joseph also played that day.  All his games were within just a couple points.  Joe impressed me with how much he improved over the season.  He has always been in it more for the social aspect.  He became quite the little scrapper.  He was almost always one of the smallest on the court, but quite frequently ended up with the rebound or steal.  His team took third.




The two tired basketball boys.




Jared begged me one day to let him vacuum the couch.  He was so happy to do it, he hummed the whole time he was working.  So cute.



Our annual Easter Egg scramble at a friends house.  Jared found a prize egg.  Jared helped us stuff all 3500 eggs.  He was pretty proud of it and worked the whole time.  


Elaine got asked to Prom on Saturday.  She had been hoping he would ask.  Monday she heard from a friend he was going to.  All week she would hear from kids that she was part of the group and Nick was her date.  She just couldn't figure out when he would ask.  Little did she know he had worked out with us in advance to come decorate her room.  Saturday while she was gone working, Nick came over after their track meet and threw the balloons around.  The t-shirt had Prom? written on the front.  On the back were a bunch of names and she had to wash it to find out who was asking.  Guess what we are doing tonight?  Prom dress shopping.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the basketball players and prom goer. Good luck finding a prom dress. I didn't have time to sew one, so we ended up dying Sidney's white dress she wore to William's sealing. It ended up a silvery charcoal. I love dye! I hope you find just what Eliane is looking for.

    love,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, are you burning your Christmas tree in your backyard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we burned the tree in our yard, more like the side yard though.
    I hope we find a dress she is happy with too, she is planning on me altering it. Last one I sewed, she never ended up wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the dress shopping!! And do you think I could borrow Jared to come clean out my fridge? Especially if he will hum while he does it... ;o)

    ReplyDelete