The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Joseph's Birthday


Joseph turned 10 a couple weeks ago.  I'm still in denial that all but one of my children are now in the double digits.  I still very clearly remember the first time I held my little guy.  He was such a cutie and he was tiny, much smaller than any of my other children.  I am always amazed that we are lucky enough to have him with us in our family, and I am still in awe at how miraculous his adoption was.  (I quite often question my mothering abilities, and wonder why he chose us.)

Elaine and Mark wanted to plan a surprise party for him.  We celebrated it a couple days early to throw him off.  


Mark was given the assignment to figure out to what to do with the crepe paper.  Mark is a creative kid and thinks outside the box for this kind of thing.  



Mark created a maze for Joe to climb through when he came up from the basement.  He thought it was pretty cool.



A new Lego set always makes the evening better.




Elaine made a planet cake with lots of aliens on it.  It was very well received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment