The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The House (Update #1)

So we finished the basement and took a few weeks off.  Not really, we were still in planning stage.  The first thing to accomplish was Elaine's graduation party.  In MN it is tradition to have a party for the graduate, typically in your garage, and serve lots of food and such.  We spent several weeks planting flowers, fertilizing the lawn etc..... to make the yard beautiful for the party. 



It was looking good.  This is Saturday, June 2nd. 




Here is a front view on Saturday.



Monday morning this was the scene.  We are adding a garage behind and to the side of our existing garage.  It will also have a small party/guest suite above.  (See Doreen, I told you if you came to visit we would built an extra room.)



A couple days later they were pouring the footings.  The boys had a good time watching this truck.  It came very close to the house and had a couple of them worried. 


Wednesday, June 6, this was the present I received when I came home from the gym.  A more thoughtful present a woman could not ask for.  I am waiting for the neighbors to start this trend.  I am sure they are wondering what the heck those strange Wills are doing now.  Just keeping them on their toes.  (The gift was very thought out on my dear husbands part.  He figured I would rather have that in the yard then walk outside and stumble across one of the guys using the trees.)




The boys were very happy to see that they had huge dirt piles to play in.  Elaine said Jared was just out rolling in it, in little boy Heaven.  They were quite shocked that I would let them play in it.




King of the Hill.



Dad maybe this picture will help you envision the porch a bit better.  They pulled the posts out so they could jack hammer the concrete out and pour new stuff.




This was last night.  We are putting new porch cement in right now.  They are busy out there now stamping the concrete to make it look lovely.  So Dad...you will still be able to sit on the porch and watch a thunderstorm.  Now I may even add a porch swing.


This was the beautiful view last night, June 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment