The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween--Finally!





Mark and Erin had an orchestra concert on Tuesday night.  Mark is now in concert orchestra, so we had to buy a tux for him.  They look so nice---and then there is the dork in the back of the picture.





About 2 1/2 months ago Jared told me he wanted to be a tree for Halloween.  I thought it was so cute, creative and I'm all for the non violent costumes.  Well, Tuesday morning he was trying on his tree shirt.  He seemed to be really struggling with it.  I was finally able to drag the problem out of him.  He was laughed at durning school when he told the class what he was dressing up as.  This made my heart break.  Why can't a little 1st grader embrace his uniqueness and enjoy it.  I was very sad that he had to learn the lesson of conformity at such a young age.  I was also left to scramble up a costume for school. Good news, we have a dress up box.  Dale's old ambulance shirt was in there.  Jared loved the idea of dressing up as an EMT.  Add a stethoscope and rubber gloves and he was good to go.  Whew!!  Once again he had a smile on his face.



I went and helped in Jared's class for the Halloween party.  Jared was the only non super hero costume for the boys.  Way to go!!  This is a picture of Jared and his little buddy Ben.



In hopes of getting the kidos to fill their tummies with good food before the candy I made a little goblin friend.  (I'm talking about the one in the front, not the back)



Grant and his buddy Thomas ready for their first, and last, time trick-or-treating all on their own.  (This was Grant's last year trick-or-treating)



Here are the trick-or-treaters ready to hit the neighborhood.  Jared is in his tree costume.  He has a glow stick necklace on.  Mom encouraged it for safety, Jared agreed because then people will know he is not really a tree.  (I think he was worried that no one would be able to tell him from the other trees.)  Joe is a stick figure.  It actually looked really cool in the dark.



The kidos.  Erin acts as if she's already eaten a boat load of candy, but no--that's all natural!  Mark actually went out joint teaching with the missionaries.



Hurry, see how much we can eat before Mom confiscates it.  




This is a video I took of Joe dancing in his costume in the dark.  



1 comment:

  1. You have a sweet family. I'm glad that you were able to save the day for Jared's costume, but it's too bad that you had to.

    ReplyDelete