Yesterday was our last baseball tournament. Joe had a game at 11 and at 2. Mother Nature decided to throw us a curve ball. We woke up to a roaring thunderstorm and a phone call not long after saying, the game was postponed we will get 1 hour notice before we play. Then the e-mails started. Game to begin at 1 then at 2:30. In the meantime, Elaine was going to take the other group to the ward activity at the park, which was then moved to the church building. This was soon canceled because there wasn't any power at the building. All the rescheduling meant we needed to juggle all the other things going on. Dale and I had planned on going on a date that night. We were going to go pick Mark and his friend up at the MOA and have a yummy dinner. Well with ball games bumped back we had to think of plan #2. Dale and I had a quick lunch together before the games. Good thing we are flexible.
We got to the ball park with this storm looming in the distance. Dale teased me for taking pictures of clouds. This one skirted us but in the mean time we had some amazing clouds.
To know my son is to love him. This is a picture of Joe testing the wind. Technically he is playing 2nd base.
This is Joe swatting bugs while playing right center. I think at this point his coach had told him to pay attention twice, once while batting.
Halfway through game #1 we had to have a severe weather wait. Once again we watched the storm roll in and the lightning was fun to watch in the distance. Weather radar indicated that the most sever part was coming our way. We had a weather notice stating to be ready for anything. (Very interesting.) We waited for 20 minutes to restart the game. Once the game restarted the sun poked out and we got a down pour.
Once the sun came out and the rain stopped it got warm so frozen lemonade was very necessary.
This is the look you get when you interrupt the frozen lemonade eating.
When you are 5 you can play tag, race your friends and eat your frozen lemonade at the same time. He is already a multi-tasker.
Game two started right after game one ended. I've been trying all season to get an action shot or two of Joe. (His team struggled.) I happened to get a shot of one of his hits. (He only had 4 that I know of during games.) He had two this game. He was pretty proud of himself. Way to go Joe!!! We got home about 7 to my wonderful daughter making fajitas and homemade guacamole. Yum.
I was sad for a quick moment that baseball was coming to an end. Then silly me, I remembered fall sports are starting. Elaine - diving, Mark - cross country, Erin - swimming, Joe - football. I think I will have plenty to keep me busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment