The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Outing With the Boys

The girls are at camp this week.  Last week I thought it would be fun to take Jared and the kids to the zoo.  Jared really wanted to go see the penguins for his birthday.  Since last week was so hot and humid (heat index of 118) I decided to save our trip to the zoo for this week.  It was suppose to be in the mid 70, but a few days ago the weather changed.  It was still hot and humid, just not as bad, and the penguins were gone.  I had grand dreams of getting some great pictures of my boys at the park and with the great backgrounds in the botanical gardens.  In all the dreams the boys were wonderful with each other and smiled beautifully for each shot.  Of course I wasn't picturing football jerseys either but I decided to see how it turned out.  We got off to a pretty good start.










Jared really didn't want to turn around to get his picture taken.  He was fascinated by the huge polar bear.



Not such a bad shot, needs a bit of cropping or arm chopping.



Here is where it started getting tougher.


Not to mention one son who wouldn't even face the camera.
He is a perfect gentleman though, he carried my camera bag around all day without being asked.



I did almost get his face when he didn't notice.






Here I asked Mark to join the boys on the bench for the picture.  This is as good as I get.



I'm thinking he was hot and tired.  Maybe it was just the scent from all the flowers making him a little woozy.



Look it's the Narnia light pole and some very enthusiastic models.



Do you think a smile is asking too much?
(And yes, under the football jersey was a basketball shirt.  If my boys were required to get rid of all their team shirts they wouldn't have any clothes.)



As a matter of fact, a smile is much to hard of a task.



I think this may be our new Christmas card shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment