The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Colorado

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to fly out to Colorado to be with my family in a time of celebration of my grandmother and a time to reflect on her memories.  It came at a time for me when spending time with my siblings was a wonderful break.  It was much needed.  I love living in Minnesota with my family, but I find that I dearly miss my brothers, sisters and parents.  This was the first time since before I got married that we all got together with my aunts and uncles and cousins.  It will be a time I cherish forever.

I met up with my brother, Clint in Denver and we flew in a small prop plane to Pueblo.  There were 3 other passengers with us.  It was great having an hour with my brother before we met up with everyone else.  


This was baggage claim in Pueblo.  It was too funny not to take a picture.  One bag is mine and one is Clint's.





The sprawling airport of Pueblo, Colorado.  One poor soul there was wandering the "extensive" waiting room and asked me how he was suppose to get a taxi here.  All I told him was "Good luck."



Carol felt it was her duty to pose for a test shot.  Getting pictures of family members without making faces is a challenge.  I did not have to hunt for pictures of sisters making faces.  I had to hunt for one without.



Keith, Chris and Aunt PJ preparing the meat and cheese platters before the service.




Dad made a really good manager.  Good thing he didn't have a whip.



Remember what I said about faces?



Making tags for paintings and photos was a multi person job.



These were just test shots again.



But they are too good to pass up.



I love my cousins, all two of them.  I wish we could get together more often.





I do think we succeeded in one photo with everyone looking at the camera and smiling (kind of).




My Dad and my Aunt.  My Aunt Pj is a saint.  She is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met.  These last few weeks were hard on her taking care of Grandma and then watching her leave this mortal world.



This is what I have to look forward to in a few years.  I've already got two children taller than me and two more just about there.  



This is what it looks like to squeeze 10 people into an elevator, all carrying a box of stuff.  Good thing we only had to go up 10 floors.



After the services I drove back to Utah with my siblings.  It was a fun drive and a great way to spend time with family.  The scenery was gorgeous!!



Stopping at a rest stop in Wyoming I saw this sign posted in multiple spots.  Being the snake lover that I am, I spent the time at the rest stop standing on a bench.




After getting to Utah I had and extra day before heading back to MN.  It was great spending it with family.  Did I mention I love my family. 
Carol took this fun shot of Brooklyn and Trevin.



Another great family shot.  Notice even Shawn got into the face making.




Grandma brought water guns to the park to have a water fight.  This little guys grin was so big, he is darling.




Can't have a water fight without the big kids getting a little competitive. 


Carol and her dish towel pose.




Shawn was very busy digging a hole while Becky looked on with amusement.

Thanks to my family for a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment