The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A great weekend with Grandma and Grandpa!

We had a great visit from Grandma and Grandpa on Thanksgiving weekend.  Sadly I didn't get pictures of some of the fun parts.  We started our Friday with the play A Christmas Carol.  I don't think I can remember the last time Jared has sat so quiet without talking.  Amazing.  Then we went to Macy's for their Christmas display.  We got there right before the long line.  It was still packed.


Jared decided he liked his sister's scarf. 



Looking at the wonderful Christmas display, it was amazing there wasn't anyone else in this picture.  It was so crowded and some people were less than polite.




This is the look of boredom when you get ahead of your family and then have to wait.




Saturday was our first excursion as a family to cut a Christmas tree.




After much debate, mom said "This is the one."  Much easier than trying to decide which of the kids to pick.



Now it is time to cut the tree.




And cut the tree......


Good thing we have a 16 year old who needs to prove his toughness.  Makes it easier on the older folk.




Can you see that happy face?  He is in heaven.



Daddy's girl.




The Grinch really wanted a picture from Mark.




What a picture.  Erin was freezing and in the car.  Guess I need to learn how to photo shop.



Yea, we got to see Santa.




Smile




Sunday was Gingerbread house decorating.  Grandma was supervising to make sure they only ate the allotted amount of candy.




It is a work of art.




A watched turkey never cooks.




Proof, they were here.  We loved it.




The finished product.




I have no reason to throw this one in, except Grandpa took it and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment