The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cute little one liners and such.....

So today had a great plan attached to it.  A clean house, a BBC movie and a sewing project.  The biggest detail in the plan was that the kids would all be off to school by 8:35.  Can anyone say SNOW DAY?   Yup, we have only had one other snow day in the 6 years we have lived here.  So now I am refocusing on another plan for the day.  This one includes lots of dishes, snow blowing, snow shoveling, noise and kids.  Good thing I like them.  I was thinking yesterday how cute some of the statements that the kids say are.  I thought I would write some of them so I can remember them.  A couple are a few years old, but still cute.


Yesterday I asked Jared if he wanted to go with me to drop Erin off at swimming.  His response.. "I'm going to stay here and wiggle my toof."

I was talking with Joseph's teachers last week.  They told me this cute story. (At the time I was slightly annoyed but I got over it.  I just won't tell him I think it is cute, then it will never stop.)  His teacher was using their partheum (no idea how to spell it) board.  Enough time had lapsed as she was teaching that her computer went into sleep mode.  She asked one of the kids to get up and wiggle the mouse so it would come back up on the board.  As he went to go fix it for her she said she looked over and Joseph says, "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" as he shimmied in his seat.  Of course she laughed so he did it several more times.  She said he is quite the comedian.

Several years ago..Grant was listening to me call the baby, precious.  He finally says mom what is precious.  When I explained to him what it means he said,  "Mom, am I precious?"  It was so cute.  It just touched my heart how his sweet little spirit wanted that confirmation.

Last week we took the kids to California Pizza Kitchen.  We were trying to get an idea of what kind of pizzas the kids would like.  Jared decided he didn't want anything on the kids menu.  He asked Dale what kinds of pizzas there were.  Dale said just look at the menu and decided.  Jared didn't even miss a beat and said, "Dad, I can't read.  Duh!"  At this point Dale realized his mistake.  We all had a good laugh.

A few years ago I was reading a book to the kids.  Part way through Jared asked me why there weren't any pictures.  I told him  that you have to use your imagination to make the pictures in your head.  A couple minutes later he was playing with my hair and looking in my ear.  I asked him what he was doing.  He said, "I'm looking for the pictures."

Of course there are many more.  This is all I can think of for now.  Maybe I'll add to it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment