The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas Time

Christmas was fun this year.  Everyone was excited that Elaine came home to visit for a few weeks.  Ok, everyone but Tate, he was left behind in Utah.  



We have started a Christmas tradition of attending a Christmas play during the season.  This year it was Broadway's Elf.  The kids were willing to pose for a "nice" picture during intermission.  



This year Christmas brought lots of family to MN.  Clint, Mindy and the kids came from Texas and Carol from UT.  We even had a little snow for the Texans to try out.  They didn't last long but they had a good time.  The 10 minute bundle up was a new experience for them also, no running out in shorts and tennis shoes.



Dale decided to hop on the sled for a ride with Joe.




We had a fun candle light dinner on Christmas Eve.  (Note to self, don't let the 6 year old blow out candles that have been burning a long time.  He might splash hot wax all over his face and scare his mother!) (Second note:  Heavenly Father knew what he was thinking when he gave us eyelashes, they prevent hot wax from permanently blinding.)



We played a few minute to win it games.  I'm thinking Dale and Elaine make very stunning snowmen.




I...MUST....GET....COOKIE.....IN....MOUTH.....NOW




Question:  How many monster sized marshmallows can your 17 year old son fit in his mouth?  
Answer:  I don't remember, but it was much more than you would guess.


Sooo....... Lesson #1 Footie PJs don't make the most flattering picture but amusing anyway.  Several weeks before Christmas I found the perfect footie PJs for Carol.  They made me laugh every time I looked at them.  Christmas Eve Carol says, "I can't wait till you see the PJs I got you."  We opened them and we had both gotten PJs very similar to each other, luckily she did not get me the snake one.  I hate snakes.  It was a good laugh for us both.


The Christmas morning wait................... They aren't excited at all!




Jared was very excited about his fish tank.  We thought fill fish tank and add fish.   We are learning a bit more than that.  We have only lost 1 fish so far, and are desperately trying to keep the other ones alive.
(Keep your fingers crossed.)



After all the excitement of Christmas morning it was time for some "manly" fun.  All the wrapping paper and boxes made perfect kindling for the very dry 2nd tree we had up.  It went up in flames in a very spectacular show for those of us too cold to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment