The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just Chilling



Life has been very hectic around here lately.  Not only did we plan a wedding, but we have also started another remodel.  We have still managed to fit a few other activities in also.



One of our very cold days here, it was  -20 more like -40 with the wind chill.  Mark decided to go out in short sleeves and socks to see what would happen if he blew bubbles.  They froze and would shatter when they hit the ground.  It was quite interesting.



Our drive out to Utah was very uneventful, except for an hour or so in Wyoming.  We always drive during the night, trading off when needed.  My favorite part of this is driving as the sun comes up.  I love seeing things light up slowly over the country side.  It always amazes me the beauty.  This time I happened to be in Wyoming with very strong winds blowing snow over the road.  It wasn't great conditions while driving on the ice, but it was spectacular.  I told Grant to get the camera out and take some pictures.





I love sunrise.




We were able to go through the temple with Elaine for the first time.  This was in front of Brigham City Temple with the tabernacle in the back ground.




If I ever wonder where my kids get the amazing yet annoying ability to make faces for all pictures, I just have to remember the gene pool they come from.



More fun faces.




The day before the wedding we went to the Children's Museum in Salt Lake.  The boys all enjoyed it.  I think we had a hard time pulling Grandpa away from it.




Mark did great on the climbing wall.  He managed to climb all the way to the top.




Don't worry about the lack of safety gear.  He was only 1 1/2 feet above the ground.



Giddy up!!



My favorite part about the museum was watching Jared.  I didn't realize until he got there and was so excited, most of our activities are geared to the older kids.  He does great with them, but he loved playing at the museum.



Grant does a great pirouette.



Erin and Dale tried newscasting.  They made a great pair.



Joe did great with an impromptu weather forecast.



Grandpa decided to sport the hat Jared made him.




Of course we can't just play normal, we have to scale walls to see where our paper airplane went.  It was a bit of a competition, Mark had to see if his went furthest.




Jared and Grant gave Dale a fun birthday present.  They wrapped Jared up in a box.



Last night was our Blue and Gold banquet.  We remembered the night before that we were supposed to bring a decorated cake for a contest.  Joe and I decorated them like campfires with smore's on top.  I think they came out cute.  They were gluten free/dairy free to boot!



Jared played one of the games at the banquet.  They had a shower cap on with shaving cream on top.  I got to toss Cheetos and see how many we could get on his head.  It was a very messy game.  Do not try at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment