The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Thursday, March 7, 2013

E.T. Phone Home (Remodel pictures #1)

Elaine and Tate were here last week for their wedding reception.  (Those pictures will come at another time)  Just like after her grad party, we started remodel the day after they left.  Monday morning started early with demo work and moving furniture. 



Day 1 was removal of all furniture, carpet and trim.



It got really dusty.




Once the sheet rockers showed up on Tuesday, dust took on a whole new meaning.  Not only was it a snow day for the kids but things were getting much dirtier.  I feel like I'm in the movie E.T. every time I'm in the kitchen.  



Family Room



Laundry Room



Another view of the family room.



Living Room



Upstairs Hallway



Standing upstairs looking down to the entry.



Entry


This is the room that started this project.  We had planned on waiting for a while, BUT....... after the plumbers 3rd time out to fix a leak from the bathroom into the laundry room we discovered that there was a crack in the tub.  The solution.... a new tub.  Wills family solution....we might as well do it the way we want it.

The sheet rock gets sanded tomorrow.  I'm so excited!!  On a non-sarcastic note, the cabinets got delivered today for the laundry room, bathroom, and computer room.  I'm so excited to see them put in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment