The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Time in the Frozen North

Spring break in Mn is typically a bit different then in most states.  It means that things are warming up just enough for it to start snowing.  We typically have a couple feet of snow on the ground during our spring break.  This year it also meant that we had kids home during a major remodel while Dale was in Canada.



Grant decided to take advantage of the massive piles of snow by the driveway and built a snow fort and a snow sculpture with a very big piece of ice he found.



Since all the couches on the main level were out in the garage, we had to be creative.  Joe chose to read in the corner.



Track started this week too. Interpretation = two very tired teenagers.



Did I say very tired.  I probably should have said wiped out.




I ran downstairs to grab something.  This scene just made my heart glow.  My 17 1/2 year old son playing with his 6 year old brother, it's times like this I think maybe I'm doing something right.



Carpet went in last week.  It was a glorious day.  I'm not the only one who felt that way.  Mark decided to do some carpet angels.



Grant has really been working on his basketball skills.  He had an awesome season.  He scored 16 points in one game.  It has been a ton of fun watching him.



Joe has also improved this season.  Too bad he had a coach that didn't have a clue.




See his coach there on the sideline in the black shirt.  Yup, clueless.  Good thing I had a great, good looking assistant coach and a cute 12 year old records keeper, when they weren't at another game.





Grant's team took 1st place in the league again and 1st in the end of the season tournament.
It helps that they have been playing together with the same coach for 4 years now.



One of the parents predicted the tournament outcome and made shirts for the boys. Third year in a row they've taken 1st.



Easter time was nice and springy.  Jared only required a hoodie sweatshirt, no gloves, hat, coat, snow pants,  or snow boots.  (I think he wishes he had his coat.)  It makes the eggs look bright and vibrant when they are next to a good 6 inches of snow.  Nothing screams springtime like an easter egg hunt in the snow.


2 comments:

  1. You were Joseph's bball coach?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I was the coach. Poor kids, they were adorable though. Most didn't have a clue how to play, but it was fun to watch their progress.

    ReplyDelete