Things have been busy in our neck of the woods. The end of the school year is always a bit insane. We have concerts, ball games, meets, banquets, finals, parties, etc.... Occasionally we throw a sleep or two in the mix. I am always glad that summer hits.
Mark went to prom. He looked handsome in his tux. I love this kid's smile.
Joe turned 11. Elaine made him a volcano rice crispy "cake". It even had sparkler candles.
Joe received his arrow of light.
The snow finally melted and the kids had a couple track meets. Over 1/2 of their meets were canceled due to snow or freezing, rainy conditions.
Erin tried pole vaulting for the first time this year.
Most of the track meets they did have required bundling up to keep warm. We had one freak day where it hit 90. The kids were dropping like flies. They weren't used to the hot weather. They were used to training in 40-50 degree weather. I happened to bring the camera for that hot day. Mark struggled a bit on his 1600, but his good friend Simeon was there to cheer him on.
Mark went to a second prom. I really LOVE his smile!
Between rain storms we had an occasional good Saturday. By good, I mean it only rained for several hours in the morning. We (I use the term loosely) were able to finish the chicken coop. Good thing. We bought chicks that day.
Jared loves checking on the chicks. We have moved them into their coop and the garage smells much better now.
Meet Princess Buttercup. (Tate picked this one and he checks on her almost daily.)
Dance party for FHE.
Elaine brought home duck eggs one day after work. She accidentally destroyed the nest as she was clearing a lot. They are sitting in an incubator with 4 more that Tate brought home last week and should hatch in the next week. We hope it works.
Sitting at the dentist, slightly bored.
Tate and Mark were tearing the kitchen out and Tate says, "I really want to put this hammer through a wall." So he put it through the wall we were tearing out. Then Mark wanted to also. Mark gave it a hard whack and his finger hit the metal bracket under Tate's arm in the picture.
Next thing you know we are at the doctor getting stitches because he sliced his finger open right over the knuckle. He turned quite pale and a bit green so he got some juice. That's what happens when you don't eat breakfast. (I personally think he did it to get out of working.)
For Father's Day we were eating outside when this random storm cell blew over and started raining with heavy wind gusts. These three were determined to finish eating outside.
Mark even took refuge under the table.






No comments:
Post a Comment