The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Little Outing

Last week the kids had their annual MEA weekend.  This means they had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off.  A good friend of mine always plans an outing with the  kids.  This year we woke up with it raining and grey outside.  I woke the kids up and told them that there was a good chance we might not go.  Two of my children acted like the world was ending.  We decided to brave the chilly, wet weather and head out to our destination.  We lasted a whole hour.   We went to a local farm, only about 1 1/2 miles away, just down the street from the high school.  When I asked Erin if she wanted to go she just gave me a look like I was crazy, I figured I would get the same response from Mark but I decided to ask anyway.  He surprised me and said he would go.  As soon as we got there he disappeared with a buddy, not to be seen again till said buddy left.  Then he was right at my side, asking when we were leaving.



First on the schedule was a hay ride.  The old farmer offered to take our picture.  I elected not to have Mark crawl over 10 others to get to our section of the wagon for the picture.




I don't know if it is evident, but Jared was VERY excited to be there.




If it seems like there are more pictures of the young one, it's because there are.  The other boys all ran separate directions as soon as the hay ride was over.  Jared was the only one who wanted to stay with me. 



Jared and his buddy Dylan.  (It's not often Jared has someone who can compete with him for height at the same age.  He and Dylan are only 1 week apart and both big boys.)




I decided to play with the settings on my camera.  Although it was a dreary day, it was still beautiful.  The only pictures I had a chance to get were during the bumpy hay ride, after that it started to drizzle and I put the camera away.













Hard to believe this is only a mile away.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty!! Love the photos you took at the farm. And the bald eagle. That kid is a hoot! (bird pun kind of intended...) :o)

    ReplyDelete