The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Birthdays Part 1

I was just about to post Grant's birthday pictures from last night when I realized that I missed Erin's birthday.  We celebrated her birthday on Sunday August 21st and I left at 4am Monday morning, her actual birthday, to fly out to Colorado.

It is amazing that as time passes I don't feel much older, maybe more sleep deprived, but that my children just keep growing. 



Here is Erin's 7th birthday.  I swear it was just last year.



Fast forward, what feels like one year, 7 more years and here she is turning 14.




If you will notice in all the pictures Elaine is making sure to show her loveliest photogenic skills.










Once again here is "last" years picture.



Now the kids have a "wonderful" tradition of serenading the birthday song.  Let's just say that when we had a dog, it made her howl.  (Not kidding)

Erin's request for cake was one of the LARGE costco cakes.   All I could think was what on earth will we do with that much cake.  Since I left the next morning I didn't have to worry about it.  It sounds like it made a great breakfast and lunch the next day.



When you are a 15 year old cross country runner and you have a great metabolism you can eat a large piece of cake.  The only problem is then there is no room in your bowl for ice cream.  This can be solved by filling a second bowl with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment