The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Friday, October 21, 2011

MEA

This weekend is MEA weekend.  This means the kids have a 5 day weekend.  I will admit at this point it is quite lovely.  After the fall season of sports, a short break is always appreciated.  It is wonderful just to take things at a slower pace.  I have a good friend who always plans some short day outing for one of the days of MEA.  A big group of us gets together and has a great time being outside and just enjoying being together.  I was amazed at  how good I felt when I came home this afternoon.  The kids had a great time playing with their friends.



This is what you find on your camera when you let the kids use it.




Jared petted the potbelly pig once and that was enough.  It had very bristly hair.



Grant, the sports junkie, had to take his football.  He has to take advantage of every moment with the boys.



Jared and his best friend Sarah, ready for their hay ride.



There were some interesting looking cattle there.



Jared loved the animals.



Joe was in heaven playing with his buddies.  They were trying to catch a rooster.  The rooster won.




More football.  He also managed to get in a game of basketball and horseshoes.



Just hanging out.



I love their "fishing" poles.



This is my attempt at trying to catch the beauty with my i phone.  Chris challenged us to take a picture of something beautiful.  Now I'll have to send it to her.  I'll probably wake her up, since she is in Korea at the moment, but I'm sure it will be worth it to hear from her lovely sister.


1 comment:

  1. My word. They change so much so fast! I think my favorite might be of the surprise picture of Jared. Funny kid!!

    ReplyDelete