The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Monday, October 17, 2011

Inspiration = Persperation

Last week I had a couple instances within just a few hours of each other that reminded me that Heavenly Father is watching out for me and listening to me.

The second, we will get to the first next, was very simple but prevented what could have been a disaster like one we have already faced.  Earlier in the morning Elaine came and got me because the basement toilet was plugged and wouldn't work.   There seemed to be no indication as to why it was plugged.  It was clean.   I came down and tried plunging it a few times with no success, but yet is seemed to be draining some.  I just wrote a note and figured since everyone was going to be gone, I'll worry about it when Dale comes home and have him take a look.  Later that afternoon I got home and headed upstairs and a clear thought came to me.  Last time the toilet did that in the basement we had a huge problem.  So I hurried down to check the sub pump and sure enough it had water backed up.  Dale came home to check it out and said we were about two showers, which the girls would have taken right after swimming, away from having the whole basement flood.  Dale had to replace the sub pump, which was a gross job for him, but we averted a big disaster.  I was very grateful for the though placed into my mind and just the right time.

The first instance is somewhat similar.  It was just a simple thought placed in my mind at the right time.  We have two fairly new elders.  They both came to our ward at the same time and one was brand new on his mission.  A couple weeks ago the new elder, Elder Terry, mentioned that he was having terrible headaches.  They were becoming so debilitating that there was a chance he would be sent home.  He found out that he had a sinus infection, but very little was still helping.  I would text them every couple days to check on him.  I would try to give him any tips I could think of since I could totally sympathize with him.  Having gotten chronic sinus infections for year before solving a lot of the problem, I really wanted to help. Last week I was talking to Dale and telling him how concerned I was and how Elder Terry looked like he was in a lot of pain on Sunday.  I was mentioning to Dale how I wish I could help him more and give him some great tip to help relieve his pain.  The thought was sudden that it was in his apartment.  I told Dale.  That afternoon Dale was at the apartment and found mold.  Within hours Dale had permission to do whatever was needed.  Friday he went over, cleared out the apartment, threw away all the old furniture and mattresses and had the carpets professionally cleaned.  Saturday was spent painting.  After replacing the mattresses and the couch (we haven't taken that over yet), everything was given a good sanitizing wipe down.  We had the help of a couple friends and our awesome kids.  As of Friday, Elder Terry's headache has been gone.  I am really hoping that his sinus infection has a chance to clear and he can start enjoying his mission.

Although this post doesn't have any great pictures, I forgot to take them, I couldn't stop thinking about how I needed to write this down here.  I learned last week that when I get these thoughts that I need to give myself and my Heavenly Father some credit, and that it can really make a difference in other's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment