The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Australia Day #3

After two very intimidating days navigating the roads I was a little nervous to attempt going out on my own while Chris worked on Monday.  But.... one doesn't fly 16 hours non stop to sit in a hotel room and read.  I decided to go to the Blue Mountains for a few hours.  The views were spectacular and totally worth navigating on my own.



This was called the Three Sisters.



The beautiful trees.




The mountains look harmless enough but the pictures do not do justice to the drop offs.  The tree tops make the ground look much closer than it really was.




After a 40 minute hike this was the waterfall I got to.  Not so spectacular, but still pretty.




The Grand Staircase.  Over 900 steps and this is the easy part.  It only got steeper from here.  I only went partway down.





Like I said, spectacular.




My pal Goomblar.  How can you resist a photo shoot like this?

Later that evening I was very proud of myself for getting back unscathed.  Chris and I went to a little Indian restaurant  and enjoyed the country music they played just for us.  We ordered a shared meal.  The menu said $30.  Sounded great to us.  It was wonderful food.  The bill came and we realized it was $30 per person.  It wasn't that great and we certainly didn't eat enough.

1 comment:

  1. That's my adventurer sister!! You totally went on an Aussie walkabout all by yourself! Did you see a kangaroo? Or a koala?

    ReplyDelete