We couldn't leave Australia without a picture of the Sydney Temple. It was beautiful. The grounds also include a bunch of other gorgeous buildings that used to house the headquarters for the South Pacific. Those have now been moved to New Zealand.
I have to say we were very grateful to discover the train system. It was so much easier than driving and some of the train stations were pretty cool.
Some of the stations were so cool they had to have a designated "cool zone". Too bad they didn't have the fans on, it got really warm down there.
Our last day we took a ride on a tall sail ship. It was a gorgeous ship. This is a picture of our captain and owner of the ship.
He liked to steer the ship with his feet.
We even got to watch the crew climb the rigging.
Sailing in Sydney Harbor.
Below deck.
Our skipper, he wouldn't let us leave without taking a picture with us. Once again our cool accents.
Our ship the Southern Swan, built in 1912 (I think) sitting in Campbell's Cove.
The Queen Victoria building, now a shopping mall.
Who knows what building this was, I just included it because Mark said it looked like it belonged on Harry Potter.
Carol, these last two are for you. Totally random pictures to make it look boring so you wouldn't wish you were there.






I totally feel better about not being there. Pictures of doorknobs make me cringe. :o) Ok, not really. And I really want to find a significant man to send to the big mens clothing store.
ReplyDelete