The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spectacular Skies and Baseball

Last night we settled in for one of America's favorite pastimes.  Watching baseball.  Our favorite little nine year old was playing in his very first baseball game.  As we sat and watched the game we also watched the skies.  They were turning peculiar colors and the lightning was flashing in the sky.  The baseball game was called halfway through due to inclement weather.






(Our cute little nine year old playing 2nd base)



As we got into the car we heard the familiar beep, beep, beep....National Weather service has issued a warning in these areas......with a strong storm cell and circular motion detected over......(wait for it).... Andover.  


By the time I dropped our umpire (and friend) off at his house the sirens were blaring and the sky turned this beautiful color.  A little eerie.  It cast a spooky green color in the front entry of the house.


We only had to rush to the basement twice last night.  All is well.


3 comments:

  1. Holy frijolies. Well we have big black clouds today, but I don't think I am going to have to rush to the basement tonight. Which is fortunate since I don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a little scary! I've never even been in danger of a tornado.

    Tell that cute 9 year old HI for us. We love you.

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures complements of Erin

    ReplyDelete