The Whole Family

The Whole Family

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fargo Marathon



Enjoying our cold pasta dinner the night before the race.  The only thing that convinced us to go to the dinner was the fact that they had a speaker that Mark wanted to see.  He read his book.





Mark and Matt Long, author of the Long Run.  (If you choose to read the book I am told that there are parts to skip.)  Matt was a NYC firefighter during 9-11, he was in a building that had collapsed.  He was also a survivor of a horrific accident.  He was run over by a bus.  He was a very inspirational speaker.





Just before the race.  It was a nice rainy day, just like the half marathon they ran about 3 weeks ago.





Finding a place in the pack.





It was very cool to see all sorts of people in the marathon.





Mile 8, shedding jackets for me to take.





This guys was on the corner of mile 12 and 15 (same corner).  He was a hoot to watch.  He was beating his cow bell in tune to the DJ playing music right behind him.  He made many of the runners laugh.  I enjoyed watching him.




Mile 15



Mile 15






And they finished!!!!  I was, and still am, very proud of them.


1 comment:

  1. Your little guy should be Santa for Halloween for the next 5 years. It will just get him in the mood for the holidays!

    Fun to see Dale and Mark and their running. I am so impressed with both of them! Dale inspires me with his determination, and I still can't believe Mark ran that day. He now has a story that can help him through the hard times for the rest of his life. "Oh yeah? Well let me tell you the time I ran a marathon with strep throat. THAT was hard!"

    ReplyDelete